1.10.2008

YouTube killed the television star?

So I knew YouTube was actually a really, really big deal when my mother (who has been known to call me for assistance in checking her email) mentioned it at the Thanksgiving dinner table, and today, TechCrunch reports that YouTube has seen an EIGHTEEN PERCENT increase in viewers in the past TWO MONTHS alone, and other sites such as Crackle have seen traffic double in the past months.  Is the writer's strike to blame?  Sure, I doubt anyone's sitting around consciously thinking "Well, hey, my TV machine is lacking creative and amusing content these days, and I really don't want to watch reruns of Law and Order: SVU for the 8491th time, therefore I am going to use the internet machine to access video sites to suck up these lazy afternoon hours today," but the timing does seem awfully coincidential.

This of course, is pretty exciting to those of us here at Frontside's online department -- aside from wasting all our time on YouTube anyhow, a lot of our artists have some pretty awesome videos online and, hey, if you're not watching A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila on that channel that was supposed to be about music videos or something back in the 80's, maybe you'll want to check out our YouTube channel instead.

No comments: