2.07.2008

So last week, the internet in the office was down. Here's a fact: I am "online marketing director."  This means that my working environment requires one thing only: oh, you know, internet access??  (Okay, and maybe caffeine.) I was seriously writhing in pain.  But now it's back, and I'm halfway through a venti sugar-free cinnamon dolce Americano (skim milk, no extra sugar) and it's freakishly warm for February in New York, so life, I suppose, is good again.  And I'm looking at the statistics for that Colin Munroe track and video I posted a little while ago, and it's definitely also good.  We're up to 227,000 views of the video on Youtube, and Technorati pulling up around 400 hits, and Colin getting radio airplay and coming to New York but being so busy with meetings that we couldn't .  It's so satisfying to see stuff like this happen --  you start from scratch and then suddenly the video's on Kanye's blog, on Perez Hilton, and you're watching YouTube hits explode every hour -- and somehow you were part of it.  (Also, there's nothing I love more than reading the YouTube comments.)

Anyhoo. I went to see The Teenagers at Studio B this past weekend -- they played and then afterwards Hot Chip had a DJ set.  I've been way into The Teenagers since I first heard that Au Revoir Simone remix they did for that Kitsune comp a while back (listen at Kitsune's myspace), and I definitely wasn't disappointed.  I heard that their free show at Cake Shop earlier in the day was mediocre, but I mean, really, why would you go see the Teenagers at Cake Shop at four in the afternoon?  Regardless, despite some shenanigans with Studio B (The bar doesn't take credit cards?  The ATM broke? All exits are final? Wait, so we can't drink, we can't get cash to drink, and we cant go outside to go to another ATM or even for a cigarette? There were a lot of angry hipsters, and a pretty long line at the coat check -- sucks when a venue's issues interfere with fans enjoying a band's set.) it was pretty great, especially when the band had random girls from the crowd come up on stage to speak the girls' parts in "Homecoming."  Which, by the way, if you haven't seen the video, you should -- here, though if you're at work and dirty language bothers your coworkers, put headphones on.

No comments: