2.14.2008

Staerk's GenArt show

In the madness that was New York during fashion week last week, I must admit that I was actually really painfully bored (florals? flowy sheer fabrics? frumpy greys and beiges? seriously? yaaaawwn) by most things on the runways, and thus had been a bit apprehensive about attending the GenArt show, featuring Staerk (the latest line from Danish designer Camila Staerk) -- but was really pleasantly surprised by the whole thing. (The Belevedere-vodka-sponsored open bar afterwards didn't hurt thing, either. I mean, hell, I'm linking back to them in my blog, I guess those retardedly strong vodka-sodas that had me in bed by 9 PM were actually a good marketing move on their part, though drinking three of them was a rather mediocre decision on my behalf.)

Staerk's aesthetic is structural and tough-but-feminine, featuring silky blouses and feminine cuts mixed up with interesting leather skirts, fringed pieces mixed up with menswear-inspired tailoured cuts, and heavy black eyeliner -- more or less right up my alley.
   

No comments: