3.05.2008

Holy f*ck, Rachael Ray likes the Foo Fighters

BrookylnVegan and Stereogum readers couldn't control their joyful disdain when obnoxiously perky Food Network queen Rachael Ray announced that she was hosting a SXSW party, slated to feature her husband's band, The Cringe, along with Holy Fuck, The Raveonettes, Scissors For Lefty, and more. Ms. Ray doesn't care that you indie snobs criticized her, though. In fact, she cares so little that she announced it on MTV News and says she doesn't understand why you all think she's some kind of "food robot." She really DOES like indie rock, especially the Foo Fighters.

"With a band like [Holy F---], I have to say that it was the name that got us listening. But we're glad we did. They're pretty good," Ray told MTV. "And I don't understand why that's so surprising. I find it weird that they find it weird.... I'm a huge fan of rock music in general — all kinds. I like indie stuff, my favorite band is the Foo Fighters."

I don't even know where to start. Indie rock is, like, almost as fantabulous as Dunkin Donuts coffee! Dave Grohl is so totally yum-o!

No comments: